Nelson Mandela Quote
1. Poverty is not an accident. Like slavery and apartheid, it is man-made and can be removed by the actions of human beings – Nelson Mandela.
2. "Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end."
3. "It always seems impossible until it's done."
4. "If I had my time over I would do the same again. So would any man who dares call himself a man."
5. "I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles."
6. "Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people."
7. "A fundamental concern for others in our individual and community lives would go a long way in making the world the better place we so passionately dreamt of."
8. "Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do."
9. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
10. "I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
11. "For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."
12. "Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies."
13. "Lead from the back — and let others believe they are in front."
14. "Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again."
15. "I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days."
16. "A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination."
Oprah Winfrey, Quotes
- Some people come in your life as blessings, others come in your life as lessons.
- Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.
- When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power.
- I'm strong because I know my weaknesses. I'm wise because I've been foolish. I laugh because I've known sadness.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes
1. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
2. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
3. The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
4. Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
5. I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
7. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
8. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
9. In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
10. Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
11. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education.
12. Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can't ride you unless your back is bent.
13. A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.
14. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
15. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
16. He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.
17. A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
18. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
19. Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness.
20. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
21. Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
22. History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
23. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
24. I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
25. I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality... I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.
1. Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.
2. "I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."
3. "A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night."
4. Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a $1,000 for a kiss and 50¢ for your soul."
5. "If I close my eyes and think of Hollywood, all I see is one big varicose vein."